20 April, 2016

and another thing!

aside from all the psychological benefits of an awesome bananologist, here's an unforeseen benefit:

i was kvetching to her about how the movers won't take food, including canned and bottled stuff and my glorious collection of spices and teas, and the gorgeous golden creature asked me why i don't simply pack it all up in a box or container, since they take big bin containers as-is, without repacking their contents. i almost kissed her! once i'm done interwebbing here, imma head home and box up my shit!!!

(see? this is why it's good to see a bananologist!)

4 comments:

Zhoen said...

I've never been asked the question, but then I always have everything boxed to within an inch of it's... well. And packed sealed food, teas and spices, every time. Never asked permission...

polish chick said...

we're getting moved AND packed, i.e. we have to do nothing short of imperially pointing to various things and keeping out of the way. that's one thing. the other, methinks, is the whole international nature of the move. funny thing, though, i've often transported teas and spices in my suitcase while travelling between canada and us, so go figure.

Anonymous said...

Oh, hadn't thought of that national line. I envy you your packers, sigh.

Z

Tom said...

Can't for the life of me see why you could possibly have considered leave those delightfuls behind. Come on PC, mustn't leave those civilising items behind.