17 November, 2015

that brain thing

i've been meditating for 9 days now. i don't know if it's helping (helping what, exactly?) but maybe? i seem to have discovered an access, a shortcut if you will, to a cistern of calm. i sometimes forget to actually dip into it, but there've been times when i have and it seems that with meditation it gets closer, easier to access. apparently science is all on board, and if science is on board then who am i to argue?

baby steps towards enlightenment sadly count for little plot-wise, but there you have it: a short update about my adventures in getting my brain into a better place (metaphorically speaking - literally speaking, all other things being equal, i'd sort of prefer that it stick around in its current location).

6 comments:

Tom said...

Sounds interesting.

Zhoen said...

Dip daily. Like brushing ones teeth. Could be done at the same time, even.

polish chick said...

tom, i don't know how interesting it is, though i imagine watching me sit still and silent with my hands on my knees and my feet firmly planted on the ground is interesting in that it is rather rare. especially the silent bit. but it seems to be working!

zhoen, yes, i agree. i even had a mini epiphany that all those annoying quotidian tasks can easily (well, maybe not easily, but DOABLY) become a sort of meditation.

Lucy said...

Some people keep their brains in some quite funny places. Glad the medi is beneficial anyway.

Geneviève Goggin said...

I use the app called Headspace. I think we talked about it. I like the app but I find meditation extremely challenging. Good luck!

polish chick said...

g- that's what i use, too. challenging but oh so useful!