11 July, 2015

done.

first thing friday morning, i walked into my awesome boss's office, sat down and discussed a project we're working on. then i closed the door and told him i was leaving. he took it as well as can be expected - wanting me to stay but understanding (and seeing) my recent unhappiness. we chatted, he asked if there was anything he could do (there wasn't), and then he gave me a hug and told me how sorry he was to see me go. an hour later he sent out an email informing everyone of my imminent departure. so that is that.

yes, i do agonize over things, and i take the time i need to take to make a decision. i have never been able to jump over the process, not ever, not once - i need to take the time i need and that is that. when i'm ready, i do whatever it is that i have to do, but i may well stick a hot poker up my bum, it's not gonna hurry me up. so yeah, thanks for listening. thanks for being there. thanks for supporting me.

hurray for incipient unemployment! let's see what's waiting out there for me!

6 comments:

the auntologist said...

Hurray! Good for you! I totally get the voice that says blah blah blah why you should just suck it up and suffer, but I'm very glad you told it to shut the hell up and did what's right for YOU. That voice, ugh! I try to remember that I would never talk that way to a friend of mine in that situation, so why should I let it talk to me that way? No guilt! Just choices!

I'm very glad you did it. So happy for you! It's hard to leave a job, even (especially?) one you hate. Congratulations!

Zhoen said...

Good. Hard, but good. I'm sorry it didn't turn into something wonderful and amazing. I'm glad it wasn't the nerdy engineers who scared you off.

Have you watched "The IT Crowd"? It might amuse and distract you. Two things I find really important when I'm going through changes. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Crusty Juggler said...

I approve this message.

Tom said...

Here's to a happier, more satisfying future.

polish chick said...

thank you, all.

Geneviève Goggin said...

It takes courage to listen to your heart. Good for you for choosing to be kind to yourself. xo