20 February, 2015

gifted

in this day and age of electronic and cellular communication, of e-mail and e-banking, the only mail that comes to one's mailbox is bills (or, in the case of me, mrs. monkey, tools or thingmabobs or whatnots for the volvobeaste from amazon). rare is the letter. much rarer still, the parcel. the rarest of these is the parcel from overseas (and i don't mean from china via ebay). a couple weeks ago was that most magical of days - i got the much awaited parcel from lucy and tom. had it held nothing but the little card, it would have been enough. alas, it also held the most perfectly coloured hand-knit little baktus/karius scarf ever.

if nothing else, this blog has helped me retain my sanity by letting me air my inner demons and finding an audience of the most beautiful people, some of whom i may never meet, but who nevertheless play a very important part in my life.

for this, i thank you.


6 comments:

Tom said...

There are times when my only response is just a silly grin of joy. Glad you're around.

Lucy said...

By the look of your lovely new blog photo, it would scarcely be warm enough. But glad you liked it and very happy to know you too!

polish chick said...

tom - glad to put a grin on your face.
lucy - true, it's not my go-to for warmth, but it sure is my go to for gorgeousness. i shall post a photo shortly - keep checking this space.

Zhoen said...

Tom and Lucy are peaches, no question.

polish chick said...

oh yes. the loveliest and sweetest of peaches!

Tom said...

Aw shucks, you two!