23 November, 2013

the queen of gold-plated bullshit

i sometimes wonder if there is something wrong with me that i truly enjoy writing boring government and planning policy documents. and not just enjoy - i am damn good at spouting the kind of gold-plated bullshit that annoys the hell out of me when i am on the receiving end. if this isn't some sort of massive internal spiritual dualism that just might cause my head to explode, then i don't know what it might be. then again, if i take a calm look it might just be that i love playing with words, and any forum will do.

on a totally unrelated note - few things are more satisfying than a perfectly ripe banana* eaten at the perfect banana-eating hour. am i wrong? i know i'm not.


*in the long yellow tropical fruit category, obviously. because there are many many other things that are so much more satisfying. like writing planning policy, evidently.

3 comments:

Zhoen said...

I've been told so often, even by other nurses, that they couldn't stand to do what I do. That's fine, I couldn't do what they do.

We enjoy what we get good at.

polish chick said...

true. this was even true for a time of my dental hygiene days, though even then my true talent lay more in making people feel at ease than the job itself. still, there is a real joy to doing something well, just as there is a joy in watching someone else do something well. i think that's why i get annoyed by all the half-assedness happening around me at school.

Tom said...

Yes! You'll just have to accept you're just a crazy mixed-up little chick. But who cares? We love you all the same. :)