07 October, 2012

secrets and lies

last night we drove to mister monkey's mom's house for a late night cabbage roll extravaganza. we drove, as usual, through an abominably hideous late 90's lower-end suburban subdivision (all front garages and beige siding and cul-de-sacs). it was, to my mind, a closed system with only 2 ways in and out. little did i know...


mr. monkey: if you ever need to get out of here, you can turn right here at 130 st. it goes straight through.

moi: is this recent?

mr. monkey: no. it's always been there.

moi: and you never told me this? not these 13 years?!

mr. monkey: ...

moi: what else have you been hiding from me?!?!?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Apparently he didn't know the emergency exit from THAT conversation

Geneviève Goggin said...

I know exactly what you refer to. I always lived in fear of entering Millwoods and never again emerging from the maze. I can't believe he didn't share the secret way out with you!

Anonymous said...

You didn't know?

Alison Cross said...

Is it a bit like knowing how to get out of a maze? Tartarus can get out of a maze in moments, leaving me to bobble around getting increasingly tetchy....

There is technique, apparently. Technique that I haven't got. And that he refuses to share.

So be thankful that Mr Monkey did share his emergency exit info with you. Even if it did take YEARs lol!

Ali x