19 May, 2012

gods give me patience (a play in one act with many adjectives)

tonight, on our fruitless* walk to the grocery store:

moi (a little frustrated): you know, there is no law requiring you to walk two paces behind me; you are allowed to walk by my side. why are you dawdling?  are you in pain?

mr. monkey (outraged): you know i have arthritis of the knee!!!

moi (suitably chastised): oh. i'm sorry. does your knee hurt?

mr. monkey (grinning): no.


*you wouldn't think that miso paste would be the holy grail, but alas, two grocery stores later we are as bereft of miso as we were when first we set forth.

8 comments:

Tom said...

Ah! Life's a bummer! My sympathies.....honestly.

Young at Heart said...

hay ho.....such are the problems when seeking out super foods!!

Zhoen said...

"Oh, well, it will now... "

puncturedbicycle said...

Ha ha! I almost looked to see if my local supermarket had flaxseed meal yesterday, then I thought, Who am I kidding? Miso paste and flax might as well be truffles and diamond-flavoured Champagne 'round these parts.

Hope you found it in the end. A trip to the health food shop I presume? x

the polish chick said...

@PB: actually flax seed is very easily procured so we were surprised about the miso. if you can get goat's milk yogourt one thinks you ought to be able to get miso. alas, the miso will have to wait for today's trip to the asian supermarket or the organic store, both of which were closed last night.

@zhoen: ha!

@YAH: too true, that, too true. . .

@tom: support and not mockery? i am shocked and suspicious, but what the hell, thanks!

Geneviève said...

Cheeky little bastard.

Lucy said...

I'd have to drive 15 miles in the uncertain hope of getting miso, and then only between 10 am and midday and 2.30 and about 7pm, and probably not on Wednesday, or any other day of the week, which one would be anyone's guess and you wouldn't know till you got there. Ah the land of gastronomy! I saw a good looking recipe the other day too, with roasted aubergine strips coated in miso...

the polish chick said...

aubergine in miso! yum!

well, the fish i marinated in a miso-rice vinegar-ginger-pineapple marinade turned out rather tasty, if i do say so myself.