09 February, 2011

on stating the obvious (i think i was really really tired)

driving home last night:

moi: (à propos nothing*) i don't like ice cream cakes.

mr. monkey: oh yeah?

moi: uh-hm.

mr.monkey: ...

moi: i don't like ice cream much either.

mr. monkey: hm.

moi: ...

mr.monkey: ...

moi: ice cream cakes are made of ice cream.

mr. monkey: ah.




*ok, we had just driven past dairy queen with its pink advert for a valentine heart-shaped ice cream cake and i can't imagine anything worse... except maybe a dozen red long stemmed roses sent to my place of employment to trumpet my partner's love for me to the unwashed masses. gack.

5 comments:

Zhoen said...

Yeah, but February 15 is Half Price Chocolate Day.

the polish chick said...

now that's something i can get behind. provided we're not talking about a chocolate ice cream cake.

Geneviève said...

That sounds as coherent as I am every day after 7:00 pm.

Alison Cross said...

That sounds soooo like the sort of conversation I might have with Tertarus. I wonder, is he REALLY in the Gulf of Mexico when he's not with me? Could he have a whole other existence as Mr Monkey???

Ali x

Lucy said...

We used to have a thing called arctic roll when I was growing up. It was sort of swiss roll cake lines with a bit of jam and a big sort of of of vanilla ice cream. Believe me in 1970s Britain this represented some form of gourmet heaven.

I mostly like ice cream on hot things so it starts to melt.