27 January, 2011

irony is not on the periodic table of elements, but it should be

here's an email i have just received:

Hello,

I just came across your entertaining blog. I'm interested in advertising on the following page by having the words "Fort McMurray Jobs" added to the bottom of the post as a link leading to a page on my clients site (a provider of internet recruiting and career support services). This link could have the text "This post is supported by..." to show that my client supports your blog.

http://mytwocentscanadian.blogspot.com/2011/01/and-there-it-was-xanadu.html

If you can help us out we would be happy to compensate you. Please email me back and let me know how we can make this work.

Sandy


here is my response:


hi,


i think that given my general attitude towards fort mcmurray (that it is the worst place on earth), i hardly think this would make sense. but thank you for the offer.

a.d.


do you think they even read the damn post? followed the links? no, i didn't think so either.

oh well, here go the big bucks. let it be known: i am not* for sale!



*well, i could be, but we are talking more money than the average person could rustle up. in fact we're talking vast wads of cash, the kind of money, in fact, available to the oil industry...oh. shit.


5 comments:

Zhoen said...

You're just not cheap.

I suspect a 'bot.

the polish chick said...

yeah, i know, but it would be so much more fun if she were real.

jools said...

tar sandy has a sense of humour! or is illiterate and really, really autistic.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I know you're probably thinking you can't be my friend anymore because I used L
"LOL", but how else am I supposed to LOL? Ha, ha, just doesn't cut it.
g

the polish chick said...

jools, oh my god! (OMG in the parlance of our times) i didn't even think of tar sands - tar sandy. i think perhaps someone is pulling my leg.


g, i forgive you your momentary lapse provided, mind you, that you were really, truly, actually Laughing Out Loud and not just smirking.