15 December, 2010

holiday decor ideas

i think i might have missed something, but apparently it is now not enough to merely decorate your house, both inside and out, to pop in those flashing christmas earrings, and sport that dashing rudolph pin, now it is also necessary to decorate your car.

yes. you heard it here first (or, given my track record with the latest trends, last). in the last week, i have seen several cars bedecked with ribbons and bows in festive polyester burn-your-eyes-out red and green and today, well, my little poultries, today i saw a car with reindeer antlers, in pure joyful celebration of our lord's northern roots...or something.


7 comments:

puncturedbicycle said...

Er, how about we treat the car as potentially dangerous machinery to be handled with care and save the bows and ribbons and sparkly stuff for non-moving, non-lethal parties and Christmas trees, etc.?

Alison Cross said...

I'll not be decorating my car! Except maybe for a wee red nose on the bonnet!

Ali x

Zhoen said...

Wreathes on the front grills of semi trucks has been around quite a while.

the polish chick said...

well, zhoen, maybe not up here. either that or i haven't been paying attention before. but last night, i saw a truck all wrapped up in blue LED christmas lights: pretty, and kudos for the environmental choice, mr. truck driver!

Anonymous said...

I barely have the energy to put up my foot tall mini tree. Forget decorating a car (if I had a car). I only decorate because I have a kid. On the other hand, I sing Christmas songs in July.
G

the polish chick said...

and see, i miss decorating my house. i absolutely love doing that. but my car? um, why?!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of decorating, but would rather do other things. Like sitting on the couch reading a book.
G