13 December, 2010

it's not you, it's me

listen, it's becoming obvious that i don't have much to say. this whole writing thing goes in waves, much like childbirth (so they tell me) or nausea. and right now? i'm having a bit of a dry spell. my posts are pulled out of me kicking and screaming and yet, despite the noise and violence, are strangely not entertaining at all. perhaps, as i get ready to fly to much colder climes for the upcoming birthday of the little beby jebus, i should just take some time off and let my brain stew up some literary winners for my new year's repertoire. what i'm really trying to say, and i am trying to be gentle here, is that perhaps we should see other people for a while. you know, until i figure things out.

and let me just add, it's not you, it's me. you've been fabulous: finally giving me all the feedback i have been wanting and crying for for years, new people popping in to say hello (sweet lord, new people, i am profoundly sorry for the lack of interesting content; may i suggest 2007? i think i was entertaining back then, although i could be wrong), regulars becoming friends, the interwebs spinning their magical thread of international communication...etc. etc.

so, have yourselves a merry little nondenominational winter holiday of your choice, enjoy your feasts and family time, have a drink or three, sing some festive songs and i shall see you here in the new year.



p.s. here's my loophole - if i am hit by sudden inspiration, i will write, although it seems unlikely. but seriously: try 2008. i think that was a decent vintage as well. i might as well warn you - if you hit the years i was living up north, there will be even more drinking and swearing than usual. and lots and lots of bitterness.




8 comments:

Anne said...

It's at this time of year that I see absolutely no point in doing anything but sleep, eat, repeat. Enjoy a holiday from the holidays, and come back when you want to. We'll still be here, just slightly fatter and rubbing the crud from our eyes.

Merry Hanuchrismakwanzivus!

puncturedbicycle said...

I have been quietly enjoying your output of late and omitting to leave my banal comments. Like you, my ability to shape my thoughts into blog content is less than forthcoming. Could it be hibernation of the brain in this cold weather? I hope you enjoy your celebrations and I look forward to hearing more from you soon... x

Mother Theresa said...

Sort of new person here. Enjoy the holidays, and do come back after the New Year...I was just beginning to enjoy your blog. :)

Zhoen said...

I often find when I make myself write every day, I get some of my best work out. The practice yields fruits, not every post, but on average.

the polish chick said...

mother theresa, thank you. it;s unlikely i will give up altogether, because i am opinionated and in dire need of an audience.

zhoen, i thought about it, but i know i'll be actually busy over the holidays (as opposed to my daily slacker existence where i could write but don't), so can i take your advice in a rain cheque format and begin in the new year? perhaps you're right - baby steps, baby posts, get that old brain moving...

jools said...

i'll miss seeing you in this dimension!

Anonymous said...

I'm catching up on your blog backwards so you can imagine my surprise when I got to this entry. Glad you didn't temporarily break-up with us afterall.
G

Lucy said...

It's OK, you only have to write 'little beby jebus' to make me laugh anyway.

WV is 'glums', which is what you might have had a touch of.