03 June, 2010

and speaking of aging...

you know, i have made my peace with the fact that i have my dad's wrinkles, my mom's early greyness and my grandma's beer belly. i have taken resigned stock of my atrophying mental function. i have even reluctantly come to terms with the fact that i shall have to embrace the hipster love of the mustache, on account of, you know, actually growing one and everything. why just last week i bleached and trimmed the sucker so it is practically (virtually? essentially?) invisible...i hope. but when what felt like hot flashes started last week, well, baby, this mama's getting a wee bit pissed. i mean, COME ON!, i'm not even 40 yet! and yes, yes, yes, it can be argued that i am not actually using my lady giblets to their full baby-making potential, but that's no reason to make me sweat profusely during work. that's just not right and i want my money back.

if i have 20 more years of this to look forward to, you'd best be prepared for a hell of a lot more cranky content, if it's all the same to you.

i think i shall get my hormones checked out in the near future, cause surely it's too early, right? right? fuck.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot flashes?!?! Was the 'faint' in vain?

the polish chick said...

what faint? who? where? what? wha? huh? i'm confused (one of the other signs of impending death).

Anonymous said...

Sure you're not pregnant?

the polish chick said...

ok, you can't come in here and say things like that anonymously, anonymous! them's fightin' words! no, i am most certainly NOT pregnant, the belly bump notwithstanding (thanks, grandma!), sheesh.

and just to prove it, i shall go out tonight and consume vast quantities of vino.


oh god, i'd better not be...that would SUCK... and my baby would have fetal alcohol syndrome.

Geneviève said...

Hot flashes, hey? Perhaps the patient was especially nice to look at? Or the AC down? Menopause it is not. Surely.
g