05 November, 2009

pffft!

alright, alright already. 

you've made me see the error of my superficial attention- and approval-seeking ways. you've made me realise that living solely for my...ahem...Art is the loftiest of goals. that gnawing on dried rusks in a garret somewhere in nanaimo and drinking heavily watered wine (when i can get it) is the preferable option to actually being read.

the general gnashing of teeth and the rending of garments and the pouring of ashes on assorted foreheads has softened my cold materialistic heart and for all those who have written (literally single digits!), i shall continue. 

maybe.

funny though, how my heart-rending word picture of lonely little old me speaking to an empty room failed to elicit any sort of emotional response other than disgust at my frivolous desire for an actual audience. 

oh well, you may be jerks and there may only be 4 of you, but you're my jerks and i wouldn't trade you for a hundred blog-reading commenters...oh wait, i would. in a heartbeat! cause i am THAT shallow. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I be Jerk #1. It has a nice ring to it. And seeing as I asked first I feel it would only be fair.
g

Anonymous said...

Fuck you - I'm Jerk #1 ;)

Anonymous said...

Then again there's nothing like that last jerk.

Pitur said...

I will be #2, just #2.

carlos said...

this post has caused me to give my first comment. So you can include me in your numbers. So i'll be #5 jerk. Are you actually polish? My wife is she comes from poznan

Anonymous said...

carlos, what are you doing here sniffing around other polish chicks? are you two-timing me??? wait until you get home!

the polish chick said...

carlos! hi! welcome, welcome! nothing like a little shameless groveling and threats to bring out the best in my audience.
yes, i am fully polish. 98%, just because you never know for sure. came to canada 27 years ago now, so i 'm just as canadian.
i do believe you'd asked me that before in the comments section and i did answer, but damn if i know which post it was. i figured you were just a fluke, but here you still are, taking the name-calling, the self-pity and the passive aggressive behaviour and coming back for more.

Sue said...

I don't want to be a jerk, I really like being called a poultry. As winter approaches, I look more and more poultry-like, too. How convenient.

the polish chick said...

susie, you're not a jerk. from what i remember you didn't try to make me feel bad for actually wanting to have someone read my drivel. poultry you shall be, but in the best possible sense of the word.

the polish chick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.