if i were to have a house with a garden on vancouver island or the southern bit of mainland, these are the plants i would plant and why:
- a palm tree - as a joyous and enthusiastic fuck-you to the rest of canada and its semi-permanent blanket of snow
- a banana plant - just because i can, also see 1.
- a holly tree - because who knew this shit was for real and not just a product from the same delirious marketing team that brought you rudolph the red nosed reindeer and santa in a coca-cola themed suit?
- arbutus trees - because they are the coolest trees on god's green earth except maybe for the baobab and i'm pretty sure those wouldn't grow here
- garden gnomes - just because