23 February, 2007

on the road to mangoes

as i drove to extra foods through the falling snow today, i made the following observation: this city seems to be peopled by three distinct groups, as witnessed on the road.

1. truck driving cocky young men, baseball caps on backwards, way too many wheels on vehicle, machinery or skidoos (NEVER just one) in back of truck

2. truck driving red faced middle aged men, baseball caps facing forward, ditto on wheels and toys

3. minivan driving women with truly bad small town perms or poofy little mom haircuts

does no one else live here?
how about a category for me?

4. economy japanese car driving pissed off polish women with good hair, goddamn it, who love fruit and will undertake a snowy excursion just to pick up a flat of mangoes


my category rules, y'all.

3 comments:

Anthony said...

That's pretty much my life for the last 12 years, although I don't know if I was as observant with women's hair. I was noticing an alarming similarity when I last visited the city. I think the landscape of our country is really changing beginning in oil country and radiating outward.

Chili Pepper said...

I do not know your county, but I sure find you interesting.... pretty much every post. Thanks.

aga, a large slavic woman said...

thanks chili, i appreciate it. better "interesting" than stark raving mad, eh?